MATLAB Spoken Here

MATLAB Onramp 2

Posted by Ned Gulley,

In the last post, Wendy Fullam told us about MATLAB Examples, where you could see working examples and pick apart the code to see how they worked. But suppose you wanted more? Suppose you wanted an environment that could teach you, step by step, how to get started coding in... read more >>

Introducing MATLAB Examples

Posted by Ned Gulley,

This week, guest-blogger Wendy Fullam is trumpeting the arrival of a new Support page feature. Wendy is the Technical Marketing Product Manager for MathWorks online support and website search program. MATLAB Examples by Wendy Fullam Have you ever found yourself thinking, “I wish there was a place where I could go to see... read more >>

MATLAB and Git 7

Posted by Ned Gulley,

This week we hear from Toshi Takeuchi about how to take advantage of MATLAB’s recent improvements to Git integration. Toshi is a Senior Marketing Manager at MathWorks. Quick Introduction to Git with MATLAB by Toshi Takeuchi One of the new R2014b features that deserves your attention is Git integration. Git is a source... read more >>

Acquire Data from Android Device Sensors with MATLAB Mobile 4

Posted by Pradeep Ramamoorthy,

With the new MATLAB® Support Package for Android™ Sensors, you can now use MATLAB Mobile™ to acquire data from the sensors on your Android device. This data can be sent to a MATLAB session running on your computer for further analysis and visualization. Contents What data, you ask? Viewing Sensor Data Analyze Data with... read more >>

Welcome Mike!

Posted by Ned Gulley,

I am very excited to welcome a new blogger to MATLAB Central: Mike Garrity is going to be writing about graphics on the appropriately named Mike on MATLAB Graphics blog. Mike is a computer graphics guru, well informed on the state of the art and knee-deep in the operational knowledge of... read more >>

Expo Conversations – Part 2

Posted by Ned Gulley,

This is a continuation of the last post (see Expo Conversations – Part 1), in which we learned how the MathWorks UK office built a system for detecting social interaction at the MATLAB Expo conference. This week, Marta Wilczkowiak continues the story with the help of Toshi Takeuchi. Marta is a... read more >>

Expo Conversations – Part 1 1

Posted by Ned Gulley,

Plenty of people talk about building cool things, but how many of us really do it? Sure, you can do amazing things these days with Arduino boards and cloud computing, but sitting down and creating something that works is another matter entirely. This is the story of how a determined... read more >>

A Chat with Chebfun’s Nick Trefethen 1

Posted by Ned Gulley,

ntrefethen

Today we interview Nick Trefethen, Professor of Numerical Analysis, University of Oxford. Photo by Sara Kerens Nick is what you might call a “heroic user” of MATLAB. He was there at the first class in which Cleve introduced the original FORTRAN MATLAB as a teaching tool. Near the lobby of the... read more >>

Weather Prediction – How Far Can You Go? 2

Posted by Ned Gulley,

This summer my mother-in-law is renting a house on a lake in New Hampshire. Looking at the calendar, my wife said: "The ten-day forecast makes it look like it's going to be pretty hot up at the lake next week." This led to a more general discussion of the merits... read more >>

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.