MATLAB Spoken Here

Results for: Current Directory

Using the Help Report

Posted by Michael Katz,

Last week Jiro picked addcopyright for the File Exchange Pick of the Week. The pick looks like a helpful tool for adding copyright text to MATLAB program files, but while reading the post, I was reminded of the Help Report, which is part of MATLAB’s current folder reports. The Help... read more >>

Comparison Tool Updates in R2011b

Posted by Michael Katz,

This week I’d like to welcome back guest poster, Malcolm Wood, to describe the enhancements to the File and Folder Comparison tool. Over the last few releases we have made some major enhancements to the Comparison Tool in MATLAB, giving you more flexibility over what you can compare, more detail about... read more >>

More Comparison Tool Updates 1

Posted by Michael Katz,

Two weeks ago, I wrote about the new MAT-file comparison features in the Comparison Tool. However, those were not the only enhancements made to the tool in R2011a. You can also now ignore certain files and directories in the folder comparisons, and show only the differences in text files. Filter Results... read more >>

New Features For MAT-file Comparisons and Merging in R2011a 3

Posted by Michael Katz,

In R2010b, we added the ability to see which variables changed in a MAT-file using the File Comparison tool. In R2011a, when comparing MAT-files, you now can view details of differences between variables to see which fields of a structure are different or view the differences between individual elements... read more >>

MAT-File Comparisons 6

Posted by Michael Katz,

In MATLAB R2008a, we introduced the ability to compare MAT-files with the File and Folder Comparison Tool. In MATLAB R2010b, the team has added additional detail to the MAT-file comparisons. This includes the size and type of the variables in the MAT-file. While pretty simple, having this summary in the... read more >>

More Current Folder Browser Enhancements 8

Posted by Michael Katz,

I thought I’d start today’s post off with an informal poll. If you answer in the comments, I’ll pick a random commenter my first day back in the office in January to receive a thank-you gift! Feel free to also leave other comments about the Current Folder Browser (CFB). Do you... read more >>

Throw Away Your Picasa, iPhoto, or Other Media Libraries

Posted by Michael Katz,

Image Preview in the Current Folder Browser is here! Steve, from Steve on Image Processing, recently reminded me about this new gem of a feature we haven’t covered yet. With MATLAB R2009b, the Current Folder Browser started previewing certain file types, such as MAT-files and MATLAB code files. Starting... read more >>

That Tooltip Looks Familiar 7

Posted by Michael Katz,

Here’s a bit of desktop trivia for ya…. In R2010a we introduced a Current Folder visualization that dims out files not on the path. If you hover your mouse over one of these files, you’ll see a yellow tooltip with an information icon, some text, and a button: Does this... read more >>

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.