MATLAB Spoken Here

Results for: M-Lint

That Tooltip Looks Familiar 7

Posted by Michael Katz,

Here’s a bit of desktop trivia for ya…. In R2010a we introduced a Current Folder visualization that dims out files not on the path. If you hover your mouse over one of these files, you’ll see a yellow tooltip with an information icon, some text, and a button: Does this... read more >>

R2009 in review 7

Posted by Michael Katz,

We’ve had a fantastic year with new and improved features in MATLAB R2009a and R2009b. Let’s take a walk down memory lane… On the MATLAB desktop 2009 was a big year for our power users. R2009b introduced customizeable keyboard shortcuts. Many actions from simple open, new, cut, and copy to more complex... read more >>

Changing the error color for visibility 1

Posted by Michael Katz,

We understand that colors in the editor can cause difficulty for some users or with certain display devices. Each release we try to make the MATLAB UI more friendly in this area. For MATLAB R2009a, we rolled in some minor enhancements in this area with the new M-Lint display. For... read more >>

M-Lint across a project 9

Posted by Michael Katz,

Oftentimes I find myself working not just on one MATLAB file, but a whole project-full of multiple files. When I’m in a multi-file mode, I like to know how my code is doing and how much cleanup work I still have to do to get the files into a stable,... read more >>

Finding the right M-Lint message 8

Posted by Michael Katz,

I promise that this’ll be my last post on the new M-Lint features (for awhile anyway). In last week’s post on the new M-Lint preferences, I glossed over the new search bar, so this week we’ll dive into its features. Every release since M-Lint was first integrated into the editor... read more >>

Click for more information 14

Posted by Michael Katz,

R2009a introduces Extended M-Lint: a new set of tooltips in the MATLAB Editor that provide on-demand additional information about a particular message. The following images show the new R2009a M-Lint message features. Some, but not all of the messages are hyperlinks. Clicking the hyperlink expands the tooltip box and displays... read more >>

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.