MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

Feeling colorful? 18

Posted by admin,

Some days my eyes are tired and other days I am just bored with a white background and black text. On these days I go and set my MATLAB Desktop background and foreground colors to something different. I usually like the soothing colors of a light blue background… read more >>

Focusing on your work 4

Posted by admin,

The MATLAB Desktop is packed with so many great tools, but sometimes they can become distracting. The easiest way to zone into your work, whether that be in the Editor, the Command Window or any other component, is to issue a quick double click to the title bar.
This gesture acts… read more >>

Oops, I accidentally closed MATLAB!! 4

Posted by admin,

If you have always wanted a confirmation dialog to prevent you from accidentally closing MATLAB, we added one a few of releases ago (R14sp2). It is off by default, but you can easily enable it by going to Preferences, Confirmation Dialogs, and checking “Confirm before exiting MATLAB”. Voila,… read more >>

T-Shirts! 5

Posted by admin,

In my previous post, I asked you to send us a screenshot of your desktop layout. So far, my mailbox has been sadly empty. To entice you to send us those screenshots, I am offering up MathWorks t-shirts!… read more >>

Tab Completion will save your fingers 29

Posted by admin,

Tab Completion is a popup that can be found in both the Command Window and the Editor. After you type a key (or a few) you can hit the tab key and a popup will appear and show you all of the possible completions, including variable names and figure… read more >>

Split Screen mode in the Editor 6

Posted by Christina Roberts,

A common need when writing a large M-file is to be able to view two parts of the file simultaneously. For example, perhaps you are calling a subfunction from the main body of your code, and you need to see the order of arguments…. read more >>

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.