MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

T-Shirts! 5

Posted by admin,

In my previous post, I asked you to send us a screenshot of your desktop layout. So far, my mailbox has been sadly empty. To entice you to send us those screenshots, I am offering up MathWorks t-shirts!… read more >>

Tab Completion will save your fingers 29

Posted by admin,

Tab Completion is a popup that can be found in both the Command Window and the Editor. After you type a key (or a few) you can hit the tab key and a popup will appear and show you all of the possible completions, including variable names and figure… read more >>

Split Screen mode in the Editor 6

Posted by Christina Roberts,

A common need when writing a large M-file is to be able to view two parts of the file simultaneously. For example, perhaps you are calling a subfunction from the main body of your code, and you need to see the order of arguments…. read more >>

Keeping your fingers on the keyboard 4

Posted by admin,

The point and click capabilities of the MATLAB desktop make it easy to learn and use but once you’ve worked with MATLAB for a while you may find that you are most productive keeping your fingers on the keyboard. To accommodate your high productivity work style the MATLAB desktop… read more >>

Shortcuts for commonly used code 30

Posted by admin,

If you haven’t discovered Shortcuts yet, you should. Shortcuts are useful for storing small snippets of m-code that you regularly run. If you find yourself typing the same 3 or 4 lines of code everyday, you should select those lines in the Command History (or the Command Window)… read more >>

Moving between functions within a file 18

Posted by Christina Roberts,

When you’re writing a big M-file, you often end up with a large number of subfunctions or nested functions. Moving between them can be a pain though unless you know some tricks…. read more >>

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.