TimeControl can be used to send Tweets automatically at predetermined times. In this tutorial, we’ll be sending a Tweet every weekday with the current time and the current CheerLights color.
The first step is to link a Twitter account to ThingSpeak.
Next, we’ll create a new TimeControl with the following values:
- Name: “CheerLights to Twitter”
- Frequency: “Recurring”
- Days: “Mon”, “Tue”, “Wed”, “Thu”, “Fri”
- Time: “9:40 am”
- Fuzzy Time: “+/- 10 minutes”
- Action: “ThingTweet”
- Tweet: “It is currently %%datetime%% and CheerLights is %%channel_1417_field_1%%.”
- Twitter Account: (select your linked Twitter account)
Save this TimeControl and you’re finished. Every weekday within 10 minutes of 9:40 am in your timezone, TimeControl will send a Tweet with the current datetime and the current CheerLights color.
The CheerLights Channel ID is 1417, and colors are saved in field 1, so %%channel_1417_field_1%% will be replaced with the current CheerLights color. You can change these values to access the most recent data from your own Channels.
Here’s an example Tweet from this tutorial.