Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, engineers and scientists are finding themselves suddenly working from home or other remote locations. We’d like to help you continue to use MATLAB and Simulink productively. We hope this brief collection of resources will help you access MATLAB, collaborate and connect with others, and continue to grow your skills during this challenging time.
Collaborating with MATLAB users
Efficient communication is essential to collaborating remotely. Here are a few key MATLAB and Simulink features that help teams work together on shared code and models:
- Projects – Organize your MATLAB code, Simulink models, and related files into separate projects that make it easy for everyone to work on the same code in a consistent environment
- Publish to GitHub – Collaborate on your project using GitHub
- Clone from GitHub – Clone a GitHub repository to work on it directly in your local MATLAB
Connecting with MATLAB users
We are all learning how important it is to stay connected even as we may be physically isolated from our family, friends, and colleagues. And we realize that you may not have the usual support from your colleagues in your use of MATLAB and Simulink. You can connect with MATLAB and Simulink users worldwide on MATLAB Central and reach out directly to MathWorks for support:
- MATLAB Answers – Get answers to your MATLAB and Simulink questions
- File Exchange – Find and install free add-ons to MATLAB and Simulink. Tip: access File Exchange directly in MATLAB with the Add-On Explorer
- Distance Learning Community – Connect with other educators worldwide to share resources, tips and tricks for teaching remotely with MATLAB and Simulink
- MathWorks Technical Support – Get one-on-one help by phone or email for your specific technical problem or questions.
Learning from home
Here are several resources to help you strengthen your MATLAB and Simulink skills while working remotely:
- Online Training – Self-paced and instructor-led training, including free onramps to learn MATLAB, Simulink, Deep Learning, and more.
- Videos and Webinars – Over 4000 free technical videos to learn about MATLAB and Simulink, watch demonstrations about how to get started, and explore what’s new.
- MATLAB and Simulink Based Books – More than 2000 titles for teachers, students, and professionals
- Technical Articles and Feature Stories Hundreds of articles on how engineers and scientists worldwide are using MATLAB and Simulink to tackle some of the most challenging technical problems
Running MATLAB from home
Depending on how you use and access MATLAB at school or work, here are several options for running MATLAB from home:
- Access your MATLAB license remotely – Associate your email address with an existing license. Contact your IT department, your MathWorks account representative, or MathWorks Support if you have issues.
- MATLAB Online – Run MATLAB directly in a browser, no installation. Users at commercial and government organizations must have an Individual license to use MATLAB Online.
- Free Trial – 30-Day trial license of MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products, to hold you over if you can’t access a license
To leave a comment, please click here to sign in to your MathWorks Account or create a new one.