You’ve probably already noticed the redesigned MATLAB Central Blog site that was released in January. Yesterday, we polished the apple further with an additional release that squashed some bugs and tweaked the look and feel of the site.
Since this is the first major overhaul of the Blogs site, we’re all pleased to see the new changes released. In fact, we’d like to give you a tour of the Blogs site to show off some of the new features that we’ve added. So sit back and enjoy the view as we take a trip through the new Blogs site.
If you’re a regular reader of the blogs, chances are you haven’t been to the landing page in a while. The last time you went, it probably looked like this:
Now, the landing page looks like this:
In addition to sporting big, colorful images of our bloggers, there are a few other things we’d like to point out:
- Highlights. The most recent blog posts and Technical Articles are highlighted.
- Synopsis. Mouse over any of the images and you’ll get a brief write-up about the blogger and the focus of their blog. Click and you’ll go to the blog home page, which also happens to be our next stop.
Blog home page
Go to the home page of Loren Shure’s blog, and you’ll see several new features:
- Blog post previews. Quickly scan through the titles and preview text of the 10 most recent posts by your favorite blogger.
- Comments icon. A lot of posts generate interesting discussions among the readers and many of the bloggers. Just click the gray comments icon next to the title to see what’s going on.
- Share a post. Now you can easily share a blog post with your friends on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook or send them an email link.
- Left hand navigation. This area is chock-full of goodness. Want to find Loren’s 2011 post on Intersecting Lines? Click on the Archive link next to Recent Posts. Interested in reading posts on a particular topic? Check out Categories. You’ll also see Recent Comments and helpful links.
Okay, let’s get to the good stuff and see Loren’s post on Intersecting Lines.
In addition to this terrific post by Loren, you’ll notice a couple of other things:
- Links to the next/previous posts. Bloggers will sometimes do a series of posts on the same topic. If you liked Loren’s Intersecting Lines posts, you’ll be happy to see at top of the page that she followed it up with a part 2.
- Cross blog links. Perhaps you also enjoy reading Cleve’s posts on scientific computing and interesting mathematics; or Steve’s writings on image processing. Just go to the top of page, click All MathWorks Blogs and go to their home page or their most recent post.
What do you think of the new Blogs site? What do you like about it? What’s still missing? Leave us a comment below.
To leave a comment, please click here to sign in to your MathWorks Account or create a new one.