Section 5.11 of Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB covers spatial transformations. I'm interested in expanding this material to a full chapter. I'd like to use this blog to explore these topics and get your feedback about them.Here's a partial list of concepts to cover:
- Types of spatial transformations (affine, for example) and their properties
- Forward mapping versus inverse mapping
- Aliasing and anti-aliasing
I'd also like to cover interesting features and design issues associated with the Image Processing Toolbox functions imtransform and tformarray, such as:
- Defining the spatial coordinate systems associated with the input and output images
- Multidimensional operation
- Options for handling out-of-bounds pixels
- What is findbounds and how does imtransform use it?
Finally, there are common questions and points of confusion, such as why applying a translation using imtransform appears not to do anything.
What am I leaving out? Please tell me what you'd like to hear about.
To leave a comment, please click here to sign in to your MathWorks Account or create a new one.