MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

Results for: Cody

Generating Insight With Cody Function Clouds 5

Posted by Ned Gulley,

One of the things I like about Cody is that it not only encourages you to solve a particular problem, but it encourages you to solve it many different ways. Even better, after you’ve done your best, you can look at how other people solve the same problem. This is often… read more >>

Prettier Cody Code! 8

Posted by Ned Gulley,

We did some web updates last night, and Cody emerged with a fresh coat of paint. As a result it’s more mobile-friendly. The tags for each problem are a little more prominent on the right side. But I especially want to call your attention to the fact that code regions now feature… read more >>

Numerical Analyst John D’Errico Takes a Stroll Through Cody 14

Posted by Ned Gulley,

I think of the wise and generous John D’Errico as a computational philanthropist. After a long career as a numerical analyst at Kodak, he retired to what could have been complacent indifference to the outside world. But that’s not the kind of man that John D’Errico is. He wanted to… read more >>

The Great Ans Hack 8

Posted by Ned Gulley,

Cody is a game that rewards you for calculating the same answer with less code. The very first Cody problem you encounter is called Times 2. It’s a starter problem, so it’s meant to be super simple: write a function that multiplies the input by two. As of this writing, something like 17,000… read more >>