MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

Posts 381 - 390 of 485

Don’t cross the line in the Contents

In my last post, I described how to create and display the Contents.m for a folder. I admit to having an agenda with that post. The Contents.m is one technique MathWorks toolbox authors (such as… read more >>

Ready, Set, Action! 7

Well, it may not be as “action” packed as the movies, but it is a go-to place for operations on files and directories.

Have you used the Actions button? We’re interested in… read more >>

The new search and filter field 9

I’ve talked a lot about wanting to improve the platform fidelity of the MATLAB Desktop. Along those lines, I think it’s also important to improve the consistency of the MATLAB Desktop. In… read more >>

Your Table of Contents 9

MATLAB provides a few command line tools to figure out what functions you have available in a directory. There’s dir, what, and of course, help. Using the help function with a directory (or… read more >>

The Data is in the Details 2

Do you want to know more information about a file listed in the Current Directory Browser? The Details Panel is just what you need. You can view the structure of files as well as interact with… read more >>

How to be Top Mathematician 4

I consider myself to be a pretty good cook, but I am no Top Chef. On Top Chef the contestants have to cook their ingredients perfectly, which requires single-degree control of the temperature… read more >>

Happy New Year! 14

Mike and I hope to have another productive year, filled with shiny new features and a polished up Desktop. We made New Years resolutions to help guide our day-to-day work on the MATLAB… read more >>

Fantastic features of 2008 18

Another year, and two releases have flown by! We’ve seen some big features this year – here are some of the most note worthy:

The Function Browser
Function Hints
Linked… read more >>

Continuous Improvement

One of our core values at The MathWorks is continuous improvements. It is so important to us, we list it as our top core value right on our web page. It pervades all aspects of our life here, nowhere… read more >>

Visual debugging with Linked Plots 1

I’d like to welcome guest blogger Ken Atwell from the MATLAB Technical Marketing team. Ken will occasionally be blogging here on the Ken & Mike on the MATLAB Desktop blog.

Linked plots… read more >>

Posts 381 - 390 of 485

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.