MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

Posts 361 - 370 of 484

What does your MATLAB Desktop look like? (again) 18

Way back in May of 2007, we asked you what your MATLAB Desktops’ looked like. Well, we want to ask you again, but this time Mike and I would also like to ask why your desktop is the way it is…. read more >>

Interactive web pages in MATLAB, part 4 5

A few weeks ago Ashwin commented on my Interactive web pages in MATLAB series from last year asking about computing data in MATLAB and putting back into a web page. I didn’t take the time back… read more >>

Fold whatever you want using cells 11

Juliette recently suggested that users should be able to fold whatever code they like. While this is a great feature idea, the MATLAB Editor doesn’t currently support folding arbitrary sections… read more >>

Using the cell mode toolbar 10

The MATLAB Editor is great because supports many different workflows and user styles. Even though I call myself an advanced MATLAB user, I have long since stopped being surprised when I find out… read more >>

Changing the error color for visibility 1

We understand that colors in the editor can cause difficulty for some users or with certain display devices. Each release we try to make the MATLAB UI more friendly in this area. For MATLAB R2009a,… read more >>

Colorizing text output 5

There have been a number of requests recently asking that we support colorized output in the Command Window (here, here and here). I won’t be offering a way to colorize the Command Window… read more >>

M-Lint across a project 9

Oftentimes I find myself working not just on one MATLAB file, but a whole project-full of multiple files. When I’m in a multi-file mode, I like to know how my code is doing and how much cleanup… read more >>

Keep your code readable with smart indenting 20

The MATLAB Editor automatically indents your code for you as you enter it (if your haven’t turned the preference off). We call this smart indenting, and it makes reading code easier. Logical… read more >>

Internationalization of GUIs 9

Recently, Mario asked on the MATLAB newsgroup about how to provide a localized version of his GUI made in GUIDE. This is an interesting problem with no official, but many worthwhile solutions.
Right… read more >>

New figure capture methods for publish 1

In R2009a, we added two new figure capture methods to publish. The figure capture method determines the way in which publish grabs screen shots of your figures, in order to insert it into the final… read more >>

Posts 361 - 370 of 484

These postings are the author's and don't necessarily represent the opinions of MathWorks.