MATLAB Community

MATLAB, community & more

Posts 1 - 10 of 19

Results for: Data Tools

Sorting in the Variable Editor 2

MATLAB R2012a saw a small update to the Variable Editor. This update allows you to sort a matrix by column. This supports a workflow where the variable editor appears like spreadsheet. You can also… read more >>

The New Spreadsheet Import Tool 1

One of the most exciting new features in MATLAB R2011b is the Spreadsheet Import Tool. This tool makes it easy to import data from Microsoft Excel and comma-separated value (CSV) files. The… read more >>

Redesigned plot catalog in MATLAB R2011a 5

It’s Scott again, jumping back in with Mike to talk about some of the new features introduced in R2011a.  This week I’d like to talk a little bit about the redesign of the plot… read more >>

Introducing MATLAB R2011a 17

Last Friday we released MATLAB 7.12 (R2011a), the latest and greatest in MATLAB. There are a lot of new and improved features in this release. At the same time we also released MATLAB Mobile 1.3, and… read more >>

Back To Basics: Figure Toolbar 9

This week I’d like to visit an ubiquitous and yet overlooked topic: the toolbar in the figure window. If you consider yourself an advanced user, feel free to stick around; maybe you’ll… read more >>

Reproducing figures 4

I’m taking a break this week from MATLAB R2010a features to show you a feature that’s been a part of MATLAB for years: generating MATLAB code from a figure. Last week I had the… read more >>

The redesigned Plot Selector in R2009b 3

The Plot Selector has been redesigned in R2009b! The user interface takes cues from the Function Browser with a search field at the top of the tool and the ability to “tear off” the… read more >>

How to be Top Mathematician 4

I consider myself to be a pretty good cook, but I am no Top Chef. On Top Chef the contestants have to cook their ingredients perfectly, which requires single-degree control of the temperature… read more >>

Overlaying Information on a Plot 3

On a previous posting entitled Focused on Zooming, Bao posed a great question that I thought would be useful to answer in a separate post. The question concerned the ability to overlay data on a… read more >>

It’s all about the data… 10

You have data, right? You want to analyze and manipulate the data using MATLAB, right? The question is, how do you import this data into MATLAB?
It turns out there are many answers to these questions… read more >>

Posts 1 - 10 of 19