An emerging topic with IoT is Digital Twin (DT).
The digital twin is a federation of data and models that can be analyzed or put into a simulation to create useful information about the past, present, or future of the DT’s physical twin.
Bruce Sinclair of the Iot-Inc. Business Show podcast invite Jim Tung, a MathWorks fellow, to discuss models, simulation, and digital twins. Jim shares information about a few MathWorks customer use cases and our products used for modeling, simulation, and IoT.
Bruce and Jim talk about many interesting and key topics for IoT system development, including:
- The difference between data-driven models and functional models
- Using raw data to calibrate, update and validate functional models
- System level modeling
- The importance model hierarchy to discover insights
- A smart grid digital twin example
- The role of deep learning in digital twin modeling
- The actionable steps of how to create your digital twin
To leave a comment, please click here to sign in to your MathWorks Account or create a new one.