The first 2008 semi-annual release of MathWorks products is now available, R2008a. Over the next few months, some of my blog articles will highlight new features.
Here's a very short list, in no particular order, of some of my favorite new MATLAB features in this release.
- Configurations for publishing M-files, especially functions
- Data brushing and data linking, from interactive tools
- Enhanced object-oriented programming capabilities
- Define your own cleanup tasks with onCleanup
- clearvars for clearing variable from memory, with -except allows you to specify which variables to keep.
- Create a 2-D table for a user interface: uitable
After perusing the release notes or using R2008a, I wonder what your favorite new features are. Let me know here.
Published with MATLAB® 7.6