When I teach the MATLAB graphics class for new technical support engineers at MathWorks, I have one major exercise for them to do. This is that exercise.
This is a good exercise that involved a lot of skills:
- Lines only have one color
- Using NaN in plotting
- Using SET
- Using convenince functions like XLIM
- Difference between PLOT and LINE
- Setting callbacks like WindowButtonMotionFcn
- Managing state
- Using currentpoint property of an axis
- Using a create function and an update function
- Choosing good architecture to simplify implementation
There is a lot going on in this example, I believe that if someone can accomplish this exercise on their own, in a clean, well formated manner, they are well versed for many graphics challenges in MATLAB. In up coming posts, I will show my solution to this, and point to older videos that give the basic skills that build up to this challenge.
To leave a comment, please click here to sign in to your MathWorks Account or create a new one.