I like his slow, clear, methodical presentation with great visualizations. It is the first time I have deeply understood some of the volume visualization techniques we have.
- 1 of 9 Definitions for scalar and vector fields.
- 2 of 9 Examples of scalar and vector fields (temperature in a room vs air currents)
- 3 of 9 Displays scatter3 and slice plots.
- 4 of 9 Displays contourslice and isosurface.
- 5 of 9 Making a 3-d plot ‘pretty’ with lighting, shading, interpolation, etc…
- 6 of 9 Displays quiver3 and coneplot
- 7 of 9 Displays and explains streamplot and streamslice
- 8 of 9 Displays and explains streamtubes and streamribbons
- 9 of 9 Unifying example
6 CommentsOldest to Newest
[x, y, z]=meshgrid(-1.5:0.1:1.5); u=x+cos(4*x)+3; v=sin(4*x)-sin(2*y); w=-z; [cx, cy, cz]=meshgrid([-1 0 1]); coneplot(x, y, z, u, v, w, cx, cy, cz);but i ended up getting just a 2D plot in black and white with -1.5 to 1.5 on both axes. nd the cones are plotted inside this 2D plot. Am i doing something wrong or missing something? do i have to add something to this code?